TEAM LEADER / ARMY CORPORAL / REHABILITATION COORDINATOR
EVENT MANAGER / FACILITY MANAGER / SERVICE TECHNICIAN
VALUES STRENGTHS INTERESTS
Jan 17 – present
Rehabilitation Coordinator / Event Manager / Facility Manager / Physical Training Supervisor
• Invited to take up a busy rehabilitation management role with the Combined Arms Training Centre.
• Reported to the Senior Rehabilitation Manager.
• Played a key role developing and implementing recovery programs.
• Responsibilities encompassed functional assessments, patient administration, clinical rehabilitation activities, equipment management, workplace safety, staff education, compliance, quality control and management reporting.
• Assessed individual clients and developed tailored rehabilitation plans.
• Worked concurrently as a Physical Training Instructor.
• Led teams of up to 10 staff and 100 trainees for group activities, with oversight of work allocation, performance management and personnel administration.
• Managed sporting events, sporting facilities, pool facilities, workplace safety programs and health and fitness training initiatives.
• Played a key role in project-managing the upkeep and refurbishment of public facilities, including maintenance and management of an equipment fleet valued in the millions of dollars.
• Provided advice to senior managers and executives on fitness programs for staff at all levels.
• Oversaw various human resource functions, including training, coaching, mentoring, performance appraisal, counselling, personnel administration, promotion and posting recommendations, remuneration issues, staff satisfaction and employee relations.
• Oversaw all aspects of human resources management, including implementing training programs, supervising leadership development and managing performance appraisal schemes.
• Managed all office support and general administration processes, including oversight of procurement.
• Prepared forecasts, budgets and expenditure reports, oversaw financial reconciliations and conducted a range of internal audits to ensure compliance with company policies and relevant legislation.
• Project managed training courses, course administration, personnel administration and coordination of all facilities required for training activities to ensure training and capability outcomes were adequately met.
• Made significant contributions to business planning including advising on the development of operational plans affecting the use and deployment of staff and business resources.
May 11 – Dec 16
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE
• Joined Army’s 16th Air Land Regiment, providing a ground-based air defence capability using state of the art equipment.
• As a Supervisor, reported to the Team Manager, with responsibility for training, equipment operations, administration, maintenance and technical advice.
• Oversaw management of a fleet of specialist equipment, including costly electronic systems. Managed the storage, accounting and transport of guided missile platforms valued at up to $4 million each.
• Played a key role in leading a team of five staff. Set work goals, determined priorities, allocated work and resources, monitored the conduct of work activities and ensured work was completed in keeping with in-house standards.
• Supervised the maintenance and repair of equipment, including scheduled and emergency maintenance.
• Managed stores and inventory control and forecast equipment usage up to 12 months in advance.
• Procured consumable supplies, including completing ordering documentation. Inspected deliveries to ensure all equipment was in correct order.
• Contributed to the physical security of multi million dollars assets.
• Gained exposure to various instructional techniques and established a reputation as competent and professional trainer.
• Under-studied the Team Leader and stepped into their shoes during leaves of absence. Coached, counselled and mentored team members.
• Authored performance appraisals and worked with staff to ensure they met the minimum standards.
• Contributed to business planning, developing concepts for the employment of Defence equipment under operational circumstances.
• Acted as the Shift Supervisor for a communications centre, with oversight of all radio communication.
• Developed a reputation for staying calm under pressure and quickly learning new skills.
• Regularly briefed the management team on equipment capability, operational readiness and human resources issues.
• Contributed ideas to the bigger team. For example, recommended ways of employing equipment that reduced setup time.
• Commended for my ability to solve problems in a practical way.
• Developed strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Successfully completed a suite of promotion courses encompassing leadership and resource management skills.
• Received an Australia Day medallion for contributing to the rewrite of key operating procedures.
Oct 10 – Apr 11
SOUTHSIDE FIRE & EMERGENCY
Service Technician / Sales Representative
• Serviced fire extinguishers and first aid kits for commercial enterprises.
• Entrusted with maintenance scheduling, spares and tooling management, customer liaison, project management, workplace safety and work order administration.
• As a Sales representative, responsibilities encompassed sales, customer service, account management, sales administration, workplace safety and management reporting.
• Worked in a closeknit team to service a regional clientele encompassing walk-in customers, referrals and leads generated through cold-calling.
• Gained significant exposure to building rapport, exploring customer needs, presenting product features and benefits, solving objections, closing sales and completing post-sales paperwork.
• Achieved a very high conversion rate through proactively following up on sales leads to minimise drop-outs.
• Regularly met and exceed sales goals despite the economic downturn.
• Networked widely to source referrals and actively encouraged existing customers to refer their associates, leading to additional sales.
• Calm demeanor - My manner gains the trust, confidence and loyalty of clients and colleagues.
• Communication - A high degree of literacy and an ability to communicate in a fluent manner on a wide variety of topics.
• Customer focus - Pragmatic understanding of the customer service ethos with an ability to listen and empathise.
• Organisation - Frequently managed competing tasks and organised major activities to tight time frames.
• Problem solving - Practical experience analysing complex issues and breaking them into solvable parts.
• Quality focus - An excellent eye for detail supported by high personal standards and a track record of integrity.
• Teamwork - Proven teamwork skills backed by experience working in diverse work environments.
Other competencies include:
• Able to adapt quickly to new roles and changes in the industry.
• Experienced in creating positive change in a competitive environment.
• Deep appreciation of diversity and group dynamics.
• Proven skills in selling ideas and solutions.
• Action oriented team player with a positive attitude.
• Comfortable identifying customer’s needs through interpretation of data.
• Diploma in Fitness
• Certificate III and IV in Fitness
• Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE10)
• Certificate II in Sport & Recreation
• Certificate II in Construction
• Powerlifting Coach Level 1
• Strength and Conditioning Coach Level 1
• Diploma of Paramedicine* (In Progress)
• Bronze Medallion
• Ocean Safety Surfer Award
• Military Self Defence Instructor
• Military Risk management
• Radio Operator
• Physical Training Instructor
• WHS Reporting for Supervisors (Sentinel)
• Night Vision Equipment
• OHS General Induction for Construction (NSW)
• Provide First Aid, Remote First Aid, CPR, Deliver Oxygen therapy
• Range Practice Supervisor
• Explosive Hazard Awareness and Protection
• Responsible Gambling Services
• Responsible Service of Alcohol
• Drivers Licence (NSW)
• Working with Children Check (Victoria)
• Defence training - planning, leadership, business management, staff writing
• Defence training - training, interpersonal skills, communication skills
• Defence training - resource management, OHS, risk management
• Defence training - coaching, performance appraisal, counselling
• Working With Privacy, Equity and Diversity Awareness, Occupational Health and Safety Awareness
• Fraud and Ethics Awareness, Security Awareness, Suicide Awareness and Prevention, Alcohol and Drug Awareness